- 2 green apples cut in half
- 3 stalks celery no leaves
- 1 cucumber
- 8 leaves kale
- 1/2 lemon peeled
- 1 piece fresh ginger
- Sprig of mint optional
1- Wash all the weight loss juice ingredients well and pat dry.
2- Cut fruit and vegetables into 1-2 inch chunks. Remove any peels
3- Place all ingredients in a juicer.
4- Process into juice according to manufacturer’s directions.
- 6 c water
- 1 chunk fresh ginger, peeled (approximately 5-6" in length)
- 3 cinnamon sticks (or 1-2 tsp ground cinnamon)
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 6 fresh lemons (and the juice of 1/2 fresh lemon when ready to serve)
1- Peel the fresh ginger root and dice into thin slices.
2- Combine the fresh ginger slices and water in a large pot or saucepan over high heat on the stove.
3- Bring to a boil. Then turn to low heat and let simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
4- After 10 minutes, add the cinnamon sticks (or ground cinnamon), turmeric and cayenne and simmer on low heat for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5- Remove from heat, let cool and strain.
6- This makes about 4-5 cups (some water will steam off while boiling) of a concentrated version of the detox tea which you can store in a glass container in the fridge. You can drink this concentrate warm or cold.
7- When ready to enjoy add the juice of ½ fresh lemon juice to the concentrated mix.
Lemon Ginger Dressing (Makes 1 1/2 Cups)
• 3/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
• 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 to 1 1/2-inch knob of fresh ginger , to taste
• 1 clove garlic
• 2 tablespoons raw honey
• 4 cups shredded cabbage (green, purple, or both)
• 1 large carrot , shredded
• Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley , roughly chopped
• 1/2 avocado , sliced
• 2 tablespoons raisins
1. To prepare the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a blender, starting with just 1-inch of fresh ginger, and blend until smooth. Add more ginger to taste, if desired, and set aside.
2. To prepare the salad, toss together the cabbage, carrots, and parsley in a large bowl and top with the sliced avocado and raisins.
3. Top the assembled salad with 3 to 4 tablespoons of the lemon-ginger dressing and let it marinate for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Store leftover dressing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.